What is TRIO SSS?
TRIO Student Support Services Program (SSS) is a unique program at New Mexico State University (NMSU) funded by grants from the U.S. Department of Education.
We are a supportive academic community working together towards academic excellence and achievement. TRIO SSS helps first generation students with a financial need, and students with disabilities reach their full potential and achieve academic success.
What can TRIO SSS offer me?
- Peer Mentoring
- Peer Tutoring
- Academic Support and Guidance
- Advocacy and Personal Support
- Assistance with Financial Aid
- Graduate School Preparation
- College Success Workshops
- Equipment Loans (Calculators, iClickers, Digital Recorders, Translators)
- Free Testing Supplies (Scantrons & Blue Books)
- Tickets to Cultural Events
- Computer Lab & Study Areas
TRIO SSS Purpose
The program provides opportunities for academic development, assists students with basic college requirements, and serves to motivate students toward the successful completion of their postsecondary education. The goal of SSS is to increase the college retention and graduation rates of its participants and help students make the transition from one level of higher education to the next.
The SSS Program academic goals are the following:
- Foster a supportive academic environment.
- Accomplish academic goals.
- Increase graduation rates.
- Transition students to attend Graduate/Professional school.
The TRIO SSS Program at NMSU serves three hundred fifty (350) students.
To qualify for the program, you must complete the application available on this website. The application is also available at our office in Hardman & Jacobs Undergraduate Learning Center, Room 128. Once we receive and process your application, eligible students will be contacted by our office.